- A priest must not marry a woman who is a harlot (zonah). (Leviticus 21:6-8)
- A priest must not marry a woman who refuses to repent of godworship (chalalah-a woman who worships false gods). (Leviticus 21:7)
- A priest must not marry a woman divorced from her lawful husband. (Leviticus 21:7)
- The High Priest must not marry a widow. (Leviticus 21:14)
- The High Priest must not marry a woman defiled by harlotry or godworship (the worship of false gods). (Leviticus 21:14)
- Priests must not allow their hair to grow long. (Leviticus 10:6)
- Priests must not tear, or serve with torn Holy Garments. (Leviticus 10:6)
- Priests must not forsake their appointed office. (Leviticus 10:7)
- Priests must not become ritually unclean except for their nearest relatives. (Leviticus 21:1-4)
- The High Priest must not go near any dead body. (Leviticus 21:11)
- The High Priest must not become ritually impure for any dead body. (Leviticus 21:11)
- The tribe of Levi shall have no part in the division of the land of Israel. (Deuteronomy 18:1)
- The tribe of Levi shall have no inheritance other than Yahawah’s Portion. (Numbers 18:20)
- Do not shave your head in honor of the dead. (Deuteronomy 14:1; Leviticus 21:5)
Hebrew Israelite Online Resource | Know Ye Not?
The phrase “know ye not” or rather, "Didn't You Know" is used 15 times in the English New Testament. This site examines what it is the writers felt important that should have been understood by the early HEBREW ASSEMBLIES.